Hub of Cricket Information

best from cricket world

Elizabeth Lambert Suspended

Bookmark and Share

Elizabeth Lambert was suspended Friday from the New Mexico Women’s college soccer team.

In a video first profiled on LALATE Friday, Lambert’s antics on the field against BYU’s Kassidy Shumway have sice become the biggest soccer replay video this month, bigger than an FIFA qualifying match, for all the wrong reasons. Now Monday, Lambert is unable to play, but her video is going viral, being replayed across sports tv broadcasts all weekend long.


On Friday, the video became the highlight clip of the moment on ESPN SportsCenter. By weekend, it became a YouTube sensation. Now Monday, the story still hasn’t died. In the end, Lambert’s team lost.

Lambert says she is sorry. “My actions were uncalled for. I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation…. This is no way indicative of my character or the soccer player I am.”

Online reaction included the following remarks:

I? am sure her parents are sooooo proud.

hey …. ever seen american football people get? paralyzed during games

her behavior was criminal. She brings shame to her school and her sport.?

She needs to be charged with assault. I wouldn’t let her? do that to me.

New Mexico coach Kit Vela issued the following words about Lambert Friday:


“Liz is a quality student athlete but in this instance her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship.” {#}

Labels: ,

posted @ 11:31 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Light Within

Blog Roll

ss_blog_claim=eebcdd26d5c32d5838ede03f68f01f91 ss_blog_claim=eebcdd26d5c32d5838ede03f68f01f91