Hub of Cricket Information

best from cricket world

Misbah plans to quit International Cricket next year

Bookmark and Share

Misbah ul Haq, who has been sidelined from Pakistan team for England tour after dismal tour of Australia and West Indies, has planned to quit international cricket by the end of next year.

Misbah’s central contract will end next year with PCB, he said, “I know luck is not favoring me these days and with the youngsters making their way into the squad, I was forced to think again. As a player, I feel sad to make such a decision but one day I had to decide when to call it a day”.

“I am 36 and feel fit enough for the international arena. I’m seeking an opportunity to play the 2011 World Cup in a bid to end my international cricket on a high note. But if I’m unable to find a place in the national squad, I always have an opportunity in the domestic circuit to do so”, he added.

Misbah made his debut in 2001 against New Zealand but he wasn’t a regular feature in the Pakistan Team till the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 in 2007, where he played brilliantly and became regular feature in all three forms. A loss of form in 2009-10 led to him being dropped from the side.

However, Misbah is still optimistic about his comeback to the Pakistan side and has targeted the 2011 World Cup, he said, “My performance in the last 12 months hasn’t been up to the mark but my passion for the game remains. Therefore, I have planned a time frame to my cricketing career and decided to quit cricket at the end of 2011”.

Labels:

posted @ 11:05 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Light Within

Blog Roll

ss_blog_claim=eebcdd26d5c32d5838ede03f68f01f91 ss_blog_claim=eebcdd26d5c32d5838ede03f68f01f91